As you may or may not know, I am Canadian and am very proud to say so. On this page, I will share some facts about Canada. So, let’s get on with it!
- 20% of the world’s freshwater is in Canada.
- Canada has the longest coastline of any country in the world.
- Canada has more lakes than all the other countries in the world combined.
- The average age of a Canadian is 41.
- 1 out of 5 Canadians are born outside Canada.
- 42% of the Canadian population have a higher education qualification.
- 15,000 of the world’s 25,000 polar bears live in Canada.
- 2.4 million Caribou live in Canada.
- There are tens of thousands of garter snakes in Winnipeg.
Food and Drinks
- 77% of the world’s maple syrup is made in Quebec.
- Mac and Cheese are the most purchased packaged grocery item in Canada.
- Canada has more doughnut shops per capita than anywhere else.
- In Saskatchewan, a hoodie is called a bunnyhug.
- “A Mari usque ad Mare”, which means “from sea to sea”, is Canada’s official motto.
- There are 11 points on the Canadian flag’s maple leaf.
To be honest, I did not even know most of these, but with the help of the Bike and Hike blog, I was able to share with you some interesting facts about Canada. Hope you enjoyed.